Casual, Full Time
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Posted 2 weeks ago
Axiom Technologies is a Melbourne-based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large-scale enterprises, across the APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
- Subject Matter Expertise role for the mobile IP core platform.
- Lead Solution, Design and Implementation of the mobile IP network.
- Produce network design, and develop detailed engineering network & security design documentation.
- Perform testing and implementation of the solution for the production network.
- Perform assessment of existing network elements and implement design updates as required to ensure all network components meet the network design specifications.
- This includes security assessment and compliance testing, troubleshooting and developing best practices documentation for execution.
- Provide recommendations concerning technical solutions and IP network strategy.
- Interface to coordinate and resolve network design and/or process-related issues.
- Support IP, Security assessment and compliance activities.
- Keep abreast of technology and develop appraisal reviews where applicable.
- Minimum 10 years experience in telecommunications
- At least 5 years of design and architecture experience in IP Network & Security Design or Engineering role
- Cisco (ASR9K, N9K, ACI), Fortinet, Checkpoint and Juniper (MX960) experience
- Cisco and Juniper certification (highly desirable)
- Fortinet, Checkpoint certification (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge and configuration experience in Routing, Switching, Firewalling, Load balancing, MPLS, L2 and L3 data centre technologies
- Excellent understanding of IPSec-related technologies & in-depth protocol knowledge for troubleshooting purposes
- Experience with Large Scale VPN deployment of any type
- Proactively managing activities, and risks and working closely with colleagues, and stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
- Product development and/or customer design experience
- Mobile IP Experience (4G, 5G, LTE)
- MS Azure, GCP and AWS Networking & Security
- Network Management Tools
- Basic Scripting (Perl/Python/Bash)
- A technical qualification (degree) in Telecommunications Engineering (or related Engineering discipline) or equivalent.
- Cisco / Juniper certification (highly desirable)
- Fortinet / Checkpoint certification (highly desirable)
- Experience in Telecommunication Domain (highly desirable)
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.