Axiom Technologies is an Australia-based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large-scale enterprises globally. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com
We are looking for a capable resource to coordinate ranging from simple activities to more complex plans. This role will provide onsite/ on-call assistance to end users within the organisation’s desktop computing environment in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure optimal service delivery.
We are currently working with a major technology company to collect map data across a number of states. The collection of map data involves walking prearranged geographical routes equipped with a sensor inside a backpack. This sensor will scan and collect data of the geography and route you are following. Collection for this additional team is TENTATIVELY starting early October’23.
- Able to walk 8 hours/day and carry up to 18 kgs. for extended periods of time
- Must have capabilities to understand physical security protocols.
- Must be polite and courteous and be comfortable with public interactions.
- Follow security procedures to safeguard equipment.
- Able to read and understand instructions.
- Report issues on collection equipment
- Some weekend work may be required.
- Some document or data copy/scan/conversion and emailing may be required.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND: collection dates and locations for this project do fluctuate and are not guaranteed/are subject to change, as per client needs.
- You will retrieve and transport the unit to assigned outdoor areas to walk/map.
- An average day, you will walk approximately 12-16 kilometers in an 8-hour period.
- The main pack with sensor equipment will weigh approximately 18kg. and the support pack weighs approximately 8 kg.
- You will work in a 2-person team, each carrying a pack and alternating the packs throughout the day.
- This collection will take place in and around various cities within Australia but starting out of Sydney.
Once the team finishes collection in one city, you will travel with the team to the next scheduled city and progress until all cities scheduled are collected.
- Those who excel in these positions are: Former infantry soldiers and Marines, GIS/geography background, Gamers, iOS/Mac users, Geocaching, photography buffs
- Active Directory
- Apple OS
- Experience with iOS devices and be able to troubleshoot problems (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- Basic use of Microsoft Office/365
- Previous experience in mapping or other related fields a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Good physical condition with stamina for long periods of walking
Perk and Benefits:
- Hourly rate
- Flights to other cities and hotels are covered by the employer.
- Hotels covered by the employer.
- Reimbursable unplanned expenses with receipts
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org