IT Support Officer (Halifax) (Dispatch/On Demand Request) – Nova Scotia, Canada
Simplify your IT
Axiom Technologies is a Global IT Services partner supporting medium to large-scale enterprises. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com
We are looking for a capable resource to coordinate ranging from simple activities to more complex plans. This role will provide onsite/ on-call assistance to end-users within the organisation’s desktop computing environment in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure optimal service delivery.
IT Skills and Experience
- Desired Experience:
- Computer OS/Peripherals troubleshooting
- Handling Different PC Operating Systems ( Windows 7/8 and 10)
- Performing Hardware Software Installation ( understanding of deployment tools like SCCM)
- Basic knowledge of SOE and group policies
- Printer support
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools installation & troubleshooting
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Field experience supporting a variety of technologies and services
- Advanced technical abilities including solid troubleshooting skills applicable to Windows, Apple, and virtual operating systems
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet or exceed expectations in high-profile situations while maintaining professionalism under pressure
Who You Are
- Reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule and commitment to work on demand when required
- Resilient and able to face and resolve conflicts.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with clients and end-users is compulsory.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Works well under pressure.Pro-active/Self-starter.Team player.
- Excellent End-user computing skills.
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Well-organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong customer service ethic and great communication skills, both oral and written
- Passionate about delivering quality no matter what you are doing
- Can work both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- A self-starter, motivated to push the limits and think outside of the box
- Fondness for solutions that are simple, elegant, and effective
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
In-depth knowledge of:
- Windows OS (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7, 10)
- Microsoft Office applications
- PC/Laptop hardware
- PC/Laptop peripherals, including printers
- Mobile devices
Basic knowledge of:
- Active Directory
- Apple OS
At least one of the following:
- PC/Laptop OEM Maintenance Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification in the desktop area
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
Experience in a similar role
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Ready to travel 10-20 Miles as per the requirement
Perk & Benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangement (Rostering System)
- Experience an array of different IT projects/work cases
- Be your Own Boss! (Take IT requests/work cases of your own choosing)
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com