Australia, Melbourne, Victoria
Posted 3 months ago
Axiom Technologies is a Global IT Services partner supporting medium to large-scale enterprises. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk to clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Proactively work with the wider Technology Department team, contributing to the delivery of the ICT Plan.
- Escalate issues to other members of the Support team, Network/Systems Administrator or IT Manager as needed.
- Undertake other activities or tasks as directed by the IT Manager.
- Respond to requests for help, and provide training for staff and students, in a way which fosters confidence and literacy with technology.
- Support the ICT Service Desk by responding to tickets, answer phone calls and walk-ups, physically visiting staff and students, and other administrative tasks as needed. Creation, maintenance, and support of Parent Portal Accounts.
- Follow and proactively contribute to the policies and procedures of the Technology Department.
IT Skills and Experience
- Computer OS/Peripherals troubleshooting
- Handling Different PC Operating Systems ( Windows 7/8 and 10)
- Performing Hardware Software Installation ( understanding of deployment tools like SCCM)
- Basic knowledge of SOE and group policies
- Printer support
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools installation & troubleshooting
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Field experience supporting a variety of technologies and services
- Advanced technical abilities including solid troubleshooting skills applicable to Windows, Apple, and virtual operating systems
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet or exceed expectations in high-profile situations while maintaining professionalism under pressure
- Excellent End-user computing skills.
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Well organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong customer service ethic and great communication skills, both oral and written
- Passionate about delivering quality no matter what you are doing
- Can work both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- A self-starter, motivated to push the limits and think outside of the box
- Fondness for solutions that are simple, elegant, and effective
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
In-depth knowledge of:
- Windows OS (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7, 10)
- Microsoft Office applications
- PCLaptop hardware
- PCLaptop peripherals, including printers
- Mobile devices
Basic knowledge of:
- Active Directory
- Apple OS
Experience in a similar role
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
Note: Preferable Australian Citizen/Local Candidates only
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com