DCS Windows, DCS Storage (Full-Time) – Lapu Lapu City, Philippines
Simplify your IT
PDS – LINUX ADMINISTRATOR
We are searching for an energetic and experienced Linux engineer to join our Global IT team supporting semi design centers around the world. Members of this highly visible team provide direct support to product development engineers who are using Linux workstations and servers. They monitor the enterprise infrastructure and ensure the highest level of availability and optimum performance. They also work on projects and initiatives to continuously improve the overall design environment. This position will have the following criteria:
- leads global Product Development infrastructure automation development, deployment, workshops, and support
- provides support of Product Development of UNIX infrastructure servers and data centers around the world
- supports local and remote offices worldwide
- cooperates with other IT and Application teams within the company to deliver a most suitable solution to users
- coordinates the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux server equipment, storage and backup systems as well as terminal servers
Skills and experience desired:
- master’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- minimum 5 years of experience providing Linux RedHat systems administration support
- minimum 3 years of experience developing technical leadership and deployment of Ansible automation in corporate environments (2000+ nodes)
- good knowledge of RedHat Satellite, RedHat Kickstart
- shell scripting and/or Perl, Python scripting experience
- good communication skills, team spirit and ability to work with a diversified user community
- fluent in verbal and written English
- ability to travel to remote offices when needed
Minimum of 5/6 years’ experience within IT Operations, infrastructure services support (Systems management), and operations.
Uses and manages virtualization software such as VMware, Oracle VM, and vSphere.
Windows VMware ADMINISTRATOR
Installs new applications and helps configure them including web servers, OS, and infrastructure components.
Work on exchange tasks, desktop deployments, imaging, and account creations.
Create and manage data backup on external hard drives.
Maintain the security of the network by leveraging different systems, such as firewalls and intrusion detection.
Develop recovery programs in case of any loss due to natural or man-made disasters.
Continuously improve the server’s performance by tracking and solving the issues faced by users.
Thorough technical knowledge of Windows platform (Windows, AD, VMware and Hyper – V).
Must be able to demonstrate deep technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Expertise on Windows heterogeneous platform environments, including MS Clustering, NLB, backup operations, Middleware applications (Terminal Services, Citrix)
Deep technical skills on Microsoft Core components are mandatory (DNS, DHCP, WINS).
Good hands-on experience on Enterprise class x86 servers (HP, IBM & DELL) are mandatory.
Good fundamentals and technical hands-on experience on Active Directory.
Basic understanding of Storage and backup concepts.
Willingness to develop strong competencies in Windows platform support
Knowledge of HP ITO and HP Open view monitoring will be a plus
Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes (Incident, change, configuration and problem management) and certification will be added advantage.
Good communication and interpersonal skill are mandatory.
If you are looking for that next challenge
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com