Data Center Technician (Altoona) (Dispatch/On Demand Request) – Iowa, United States of America
Simplify your IT
Axiom Technologies is a Global IT Services partner supporting medium to large-scale enterprises. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com
We are looking for a capable resource to coordinate ranging from simple activities to more complex plans. This role plays a critical role in ensuring the power cables are laid correctly leading to nil safety hazards and zero business impact due to power breakdown. Responsible for installation and maintenance of Network elements and structured cabling on the field.
IT Skills & Experience:-
Their role will be to assist the higher level techs and the team leads in building out the infrastructure to include: pulling cable, pulling fiber, learning color codes, learning how to punch down and terminate fiber, installing cable trays and pathways, and building server racks
- Must have experience installing the Cohesity 5000 Series hardware.
- Unboxing the devices and preparing for installation
- Staging the device
- Mounting and installing the device in Rack.
- Power and Data Cabling work.
- Cable crimping if required
- Cable management and labeling.
- ILO and IPMI configuration (Important)
- Coordinating with the Customer team for Configurations and following the checklist
- The customer’s team coordinator will help with the instructions and IPMI configuration steps
- More than likely Tech’s will start our installing cable trays and building the server racks
- Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack, and label cables
- Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze
- Install grounding for racks, equipment, and cable as required
- Perform fire-stopping procedures on firewalls, install sleeves, pull cable through sleeves, and core penetration
- Terminate low-voltage devices
- Follow prints
- Fully complete all paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required)
- Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer, and industry quality and safety standards and regulations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The technician will need to bring the following tools:
- General tools, like a Screwdriver, Wrench, etc.
Who You Are
- Reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule and commitment to work on demand when required
- Resilient and able to face and resolve conflicts.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with clients and end-users is compulsory.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player.
- Excellent End-user computing skills.
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Well-organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong customer service ethic and great communication skills, both oral and written
- Passionate about delivering quality no matter what you are doing
- Can work both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- A self-starter, motivated to push the limits and think outside of the box
- Fondness for solutions that are simple, elegant, and effective
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
In-depth knowledge of:
- Windows OS (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7, 10)
- Microsoft Office applications
- PC/Laptop hardware
- PC/Laptop peripherals, including printers
- Mobile devices
Basic knowledge of:
- Experience in Network Wiring
- Data Room Experience
- Structured Cabling
- Telecom Wiring
At least one of the following:
- PC/Laptop OEM Maintenance Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification in the desktop area
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
Experience in a similar role
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Ready to travel 20-30 Miles as per the requirement
Perk & Benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangement (Rostering System)
- Experience an array of different IT projects/work cases
- Be your Own Boss! (Take IT requests/work cases of your own choosing)
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.