Axiom Technologies is a Melbourne-based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across the APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
About the role
Opportunity to work for a leading corporate environment that specializes in products and services across information technology. We are seeking a Computer Network and Systems Engineer who will be accountable for servicing IT needs at the location. Experience working in a multi-site corporate environment with a key passion for technology is required for this role. A minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience as a Computer Network and Systems Engineer.
Benefits and perks
- Great Working environment
- Work-Life Balance
- Excellent opportunity to grow & develop
Duties to be undertaken as part of this position include:
- Plan and implement networking projects, and systems involving Windows Server 2003-2019 including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, RDS, etc
- Design, deploy, and administer new network solutions and/or improve the efficiency of current networks
- Monitor, support, test, and troubleshoot computer systems and networks, specifically Azure and AWS and Microsoft Windows Server related issues in a timely manner to maximize network performance
- Manage software and system updates and analyse possible vulnerabilities
- Manage user access level for computer networks and systems
- Configure and manage firewalls, domain controllers, network devices, such as routers, switches, and Microsoft Windows Server to maximize network efficiency and security
- Review and submit recommendations for improvements required for Microsoft Windows server related issues
- Set up advance monitoring and analyze collected network traffic data to ensure systems security
- Manage the Data Centre, IT, and Communication Infrastructure and troubleshoot issues within the SLA timeframe
- If required, attend the Data Centre site for support
- Manage Azure and AWS configuration including any upgrades required
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer systems and networks or a related field.
- Experience working within a managed services environment.
Good technical knowledge across:
- Windows 2008-2018 Server
- Desktop: Windows 7,8,10, Apple macOS
- Mobile devices: Android, iOS
- Active Directory/Azure AD administration
- Microsoft M365 administration/management
- Different vendors DNS, DHCP, SSO management
- Hardware support – server, desktop, laptop
- Network knowledge – TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, MPLS, WiFi, NAT, proxy
- Routing/switching knowledge – Cisco, Huawei, DrayTek experience and certification valued
- Working with a range of Backup/Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity solutions – Datto and Veaam experience valued
- Monitoring systems (PRTG, Datto RMM, Auvik)
- Ticketing system – ServiceNow
- Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
AUD 50,000 – 59,999 per annum
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org